Sunday, November 7, 2010

Flying Banana, Salamander Slide Show, Office Tent, Ghostbusters!!

I'm really bored at work right now. I'm looking around the room, and everyone I work with seems pretty bored too. It's 11pm, we're all really tired, and it's generally really slow. We've run out of conversation for the night.

I keep thinking of ways to interact with these people. Most of my ideas are terrible, and I would probably become a social outcast if I actually attempted any of this. Here are my ideas:

1) There is a large bunch of over-ripe bananas on my desk for some reason. I have no idea where these came from, or if anyone is going to eat them. Kristen is sitting directly across the room from me, staring off into space. Something inside my brain is telling me to heave one of these smushy bananas at her, immediately, and with terrific force.

2) Someone I don't know is sitting at our conference table watching ESPN. I am tempted to sit across from him at the table and begin an impromptu "meeting". He's been sitting there for hours now, in silence. I think I have time to prepare a Powerpoint slide show on something ridiculous, like the ecology of salamanders living in the Pacific Northwest. I will have handouts, and afterwards, I will ask for his input. I will limit my presentation to 20 minutes. I will keep a straight face throughout, and repeatedly make clear to him the importance of this information.

3) We have a large tent stashed in the back room for some reason. This sucker is HUGE, military grade, holds like 15 people or something like that. I want to set this bitch up right here in the office, then climb in, take a nap.

4) I want to start singing the Ghostbusters theme song, loudly, in its entirety, even the creepy weirdo lyrics that no one remembers.

I won't actually do any of these things because it is time for dinner.

Someone took the bananas off my desk while I was in the bathroom, which is pretty strange because it was an unnecessarily large bunch of over-ripe bananas and now they are missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment